Posted: March 23, 2013 at 9:55 pm
Quick heads-up, Nokia BetaLabs team has released a new beta trial app “Nokia Transit” for S40 phones. Just like Symbian and Windows Phone version, the app helps S40 phone users navigate in cities using available public transportation.
- Search for public transport stations/stops, addresses and POIs.
- Choose from multiple routes and follow the list of directions for buses, trams, underground or trains.
- Use the map to find out how to walk to the stop or see what’s around it.
- Plan your trip ahead using the time options.
- Have your favourite destinations saved to future use on your trips.
- Have your favorite trips saved for offline usage, saving time and money on data plans.
- Find nearby stations, departure times and even types of transit lines available around your location.
- View detailed line stops and times before you get off.
Nokia Transit provides two types of routing based on your city or urban area:
- Timetable routing: Available in over 70 regions worldwide, timetable routing provides you with timetable-based, stop-by-stop route options providing you with the total time spent in transit from the start of your journey to the finish, including precise arrival times as well as any wait times between different legs of your journey.
- Public transport routing: Available for over 440 cities worldwide, public transport routing provides you with estimated time in transit, from start to finish including door-to-door guidance from where you are to your final destination. While not providing exact departure or arrival times, it gives an estimate for how long a particular journey will take using different public transport options. Please click here for specific coverage information.
[Thanks to Adnan for the Tip]